Finding the perfect family film has always been difficult for us lot. Tastes vary from political thrillers to action & sci-fi to art-house, Pixar & Disney, horror, slapstick, film-noir & the nouvelle vague. We are a motley crew ranging from 5 years to forty-seven and we hardly ever agree on anything 100%, with the exception of last night’s viewing. We all sat together, we all laughed, sniffed at the sad bits and cheered when the hero won through. What were we watching? The Karate Kid (2010) – the one with Jackie Chan and Jayden Smith. I have to admit that I was a bit dubious about it at first: the choice was one made as a compromise following 20 minutes of heated debate. But we were eventually won-over by the central performances and the obvious enjoyment that the film gave all of us across many different levels. It proved to be an ideal family film and no one is more surprised about that than me.
- RT @PadraigBelton: Katherine Johnson, Nasa’s human computer from the golden age of spaceflight, 100 today. She worked out trajectories, la… 18 hours ago
- RT @BoringEnormous: When life gives you lemons, DON'T EAT THE LEMONS, GARY https://t.co/PhDr7dmStv 3 days ago
- RT @theJeremyVine: If I was a pilot, I'd want to do this on my FIRST DAY https://t.co/5VseAOStpQ 4 days ago
- @COLFESeconomics @JoksieA Are you sure it wasn’t some new fangled fashion accessory ? 4 days ago
- @COLFESeconomics @JoksieA Furthermore, how do you know what an electronic tag looks like? 4 days ago
- 5,261 hits